Tuesday 2 April 2013

Tuesday night gaming!

Usually tuesday evening is Warmachine and Hordes night at Prisfyndet, our local gaming store. This tuesday, I had only brought the army I use for the slow growth league we have got going. The aim of the league was to paint things that hadn't been painted before, and thus, my list became a bit silly as I was painting the Mountain King when we started. At 15, nothing more fits than the king, so I have had a tough time in the league.

Tonight, the line up was the following:
Jarl Skuld, devil of the thornwood +6
- Mountain King -20
- Winter troll -5
Trollkin Scouts 5

As you who know math can see, I am playing a point down, and I have blamed it for beeing the reason of my losses. Today, however, I actually didn't lose. My oponent was playing:

Process of Elimination setup. Objective destroyed is 1 CP
Zone control is 1 CP, domination is 2 CP.
Hexeris
Cyclops raider
Krea
Agonizer
Gatormen posse
Gobbers
Witchdoctor
Beast handlers
Taskmaster
And marketh.

We played process of Elimination. He went first, keeping everything nice and tight around the krea and gobbers so that i would have troubles shooting him. He advanced with everything toward the left zone. My turn one, I cast quicken on the scouts, tactical supremacy on Jarl and then advanced toward the other zone.

The second turn got somewhat more interesting. He charged the objective in my left zone with an enraged cyclops, leaving it at 4 health. One of the gatormen posse managed to kill it and still be within his gobber/krea aura. His marketh killed one of the scouts i had left in the open. He recieved one CP for the objective. On my turn, I realized he had left nothing to contest my zone. A big mistake. I charged the objective with my scouts, and also failed to reach a gatorman and marketh. The scouts left the Objective with 4 hp, so the Jarl moved in to finish it off. Unfortunately, two boosted shots were not enough, and my plans to spray with the MK were gone. Jarl ended his activation by feating, shielding my scouts from the gatormen. He had to finish it of. The winter troll put freezer on the MK and toed into my oponents zone trying to hide as much as possible behind the rolling fog. My round left me with 3 CP as I dominated the right zone.

My Mountain kung celebrating on a tower.
So, my oponent was forced to go in for the kill on the MK and contesting my zone. His enraged raider charged my wintertroll, but couldn't get the kill (2 spirit hp remained) and turned cold. Hexeris went in to feat and to dominate the zone. He also finished the winter troll of, leaving him to dominate the zone. His gatormen then proceded to charge the mk, one of them charged a scout to get the hexeris feat going. Fun fact, tough stops the feat. Well, that happened, and two scouts toughed. The rest of the gatormen banged the MK up, but he survived, leaving them all stationary from the winter troll animus. They also got undead and tough for the round. He ended his turn with 3 CP.

Last turn was mine. It was just to remove 5 gatormen, 4 of which were stationary in melee with my mountain king. Finaly I he could hit things, and with his 7 auto-hitting attacks, no gatormen were left around him. Though, thanks to the doctor, no kill-shot. So, 1 non-stationary gatorman was left. The scouts moved up around it, two couldn't attack due to being knocked down, the other three left him at 2 Hp left.
Jarl was up. He readied his guns and let one fly. Boosted the hit of course, why not. The shot connected, now for the boosted 3d6-6 needing two damage. The dice were in my favor, if not I had another shot. Domination of the zone again got me the 5 CP needed for winning. The problem is only that also Hexaris dominated his zone. The game actually ended in a draw, with us both thinking I won.




No comments:

Post a Comment