Thursday 16 May 2013

Incognicon part 2

Outflank
Some kebab made my stomach happy and ready for the last three games. My goal of winning at least two games still lived. The match ups for the third game earned me a game against another Skorne player, also with eMakeda and Xerxis as his casters. For the same reasons as the first game, pMadrak saw the field again. Xerxis was chosen to face him in the outflank scenario. My opponents army:

Xerxis
Tiberion, basilisk krea, basilisk drake
Incinidari, Certrati, Beast handlers
Agonizer, Marketh
Swamp gobbers

After the first round
He won the first roll of the game and got to go first. He deployed his heavy troops in the middle with Xerxis behind. Tiberion was on my right and the gobbers on my left. I opted to place my brick against his main portion of the army. The kriels were on the left flank for zone contesting. We both knew that this game would not be won by scenario...

The first round was rather uneventful, as they usually are. We both advanced. His goobers ran far left to contest the zone. I thought that the burrowers could handle them and burrowed them to get to the other side without being blown away with the incinidari.

Skorne turn two started with the incinidari setting the whole kriel unit on fire. Rolling really bad, he only managed to kill one or two. Using Xerxis Marshall discipline, the Certrati moved through the Incinidari and shield walled. The rest of his army advanced.

On my turn some of the fires went out, and a few kriels fell to the flames. But two cabers still stood, and I found it suitable to feat this turn. Madrak moved up and feated and put down carnage. The fell caller yelled at the kriels to "go and hit things". And hit things they did. The cabers are amazing under the pMadrak feat where each kill with a melee attack grants them overtake (move an inch) and hit once more. One of the cabers got into the incinidari and went at them. The other caber went for the cetrati, but them being shield walled made him not kill more than two or three i believe. The burrowers also popped and charged the bellows crew to clear the zone and one incinidari. The pygs, with their rat 4 had troubles hitting the high def goblins, despite being the same height. They were locked into combat, and would be the rest of the game. The mauler raged the axer who went and killed some two cetrati. I knew he would fall to tiberion the next turn, but clearing out as much as possible and acting a road block to my brick was better. The earthborn elemental communitioned the mauler and that was a mistake. I had six fury on the board when i handed the turn to my oponent.
After my third turn

The skorne third turn concisted of trying to kill off the axer and retaliate. But the amount of things being knocked down and dead, he really couldn't kill more than the axer and a few kriels. The cabers still stood.
I started the third turn with every bit of confidence, then disaster struck. No caber fell to fire, but the earthborn frenzied into the mauler doing a lot of damage. I still thought i had a chance to make tiberion dead, but when the cabers failed to kill the two remaining Cetrati guarding him I couldn't reach him. The burrowers killed one of the bellows crew.

Having botched Xerxis saw his chance and got rid of the remaining cabers, tiberion had no problems with the mauler, and I started to feel the game was lost without my damage buff to take down tiberion. I really tried to take down tiberion, but could not. In the end, Madrak took a Tsesubo to the head and went down.

This was really the game I regretted the most from the tournament. I had everything in my hand, but made a mistake that cost me the game. The error was to camp two fury with Madrak. I should have raged one of the cabers, and only camped one. Another error was to remove the fury from the mauler, and not the Earthborn, as the earthborn still had an angle towards Tiberion. The burrowers were also wasted on the gobbers, and should have been in the fray of killing the basilisks and skorne troops.



No comments:

Post a Comment