Sunday 28 April 2013

pMadrak vs pLylyth 34 pts game!

A week or two ago, me and my friend got to bash it out on the battlefield. I fielded the following list:

My set up, fenns on the left with the fellcaller. The champs
on the right and my battle in between to contest the right zone.
pMadrak
Axer, Mauler, Runebearer
Full Fennblades+Ua
Full Champ
Fell caller

Ledion set up. Legionaires in the middle. Battle group left
and archers right.
My oponent for the night fielded what he owned:

pLylyth
Carnivean, 2xShredders, Seraph
Min Legionaires
Min Blighted Nyss archers+Ua
Incubus
Sheperd

We randomed the scenario and the dice decided chemical reaction. He rolled first and set up. He went heavy toward my zone, and not very easy toward his. I felt like my fenns could hold my zone while my champs could easily tank his archers. My with my battle group in the middle, I could go either for the right, the left or stop him from moving over to his zone.
Chemical Reaction

Turn one
The first turns were uneventfull. He advanced toward my zone, the legionaires ran up to his objective, and the archers advanced into the forrest at the top of his zone. I advanced to hide behind the wall by his zone. My fenns on the other hand went balls to the walls and ran full speed ahead to put pressure on the advancing dragonish horde.

Turn two
It was time to start the barrage of fire and death and pain. He advanced slowly forward and killed of a few fennblades, some toughed it out but were left burning. He advanced varily but let a shredder fly to off a fenn far to the left. His legionaires advanced up the board and kept in their triangle formation. His archers stood to aim and shot the fenns and champs, but some were to far away to reach.

After the second turns, Madrak dominating the zone.
My turn started with the fires. Some died, and some went out. Then the fenns got their vengence move, this allowed them to get up the board. Starting with my left flank, the fell caller gave the fenns his warcry (+2 to hit) and sprayed dead one legionaire. Then the fenns pulled their mini feat, No Quarter, granting them pathfinder +2"movement on charge and terror. They charged everything they could, some legionaires, the carnivean, a shredder and one charged the archers. The last guy, charging the archers, was game changing. He was so terrifying that the archers the fled. The fenns killed some, my champs moved up his zone to chase the fleeing archers. As fleeing troops can't contest, I moved the sure footed Madrak to dominate his zone and picked up three points. Now the legion was in trouble.
A bit into my turn 3. Madrak faces the carnivean!

Turn three
So now the Lylyth had to act. Easily cleared my zone and stood in it. The spawned incubi cleared the fennblades inbetween the carnivean and my mauler and madrak. I started to sweat a bit, as he has some slipstream shannanigans and could possibly reach my Mauler. Would Madrak and my axer be enough without the +3 strength buff? However, he couln'd reach me. It simply was to far. The archers rallied and once again contested the zone. He tied the score to three points each by dominating my zone.

It was clear what I had to do. I had to contest his zone (axer run), I had to clear my zone and controll it, that would be up to the troups there. Moses went into the zone to controll it. Madrak went up to the middle to allow my axer to run across the board, put up Carnage (+2 to hit everything within his controll area) and did a few points of damage to the Carnivean. My last remaining fennblade offed the Incubus in his zone, and the champs had no problems to kill the archers in the zone and win me the game. As a bonus, my Mauler got to destroy the carnivean!

Ending thoughts of the game was the the fleeing archers made the game. CMD 9 should be enough, but the missed check really cost the game. If he hadn't fled, he would had been first to dominate my zone and have the scoring lead. That would have made the game completely different. After all, the game is a game of dice.



No comments:

Post a Comment